No backyard landscaping can ever be complete without a beautiful hardscape that creates a small piece of paradise right within your property. What makes hardscapes perfect for every backyard is that they create a natural looking space, particularly when merged with the greenery around them. Hera are some design ideas on how you can incorporate hardscapes into a unique and refreshing outdoor living space where you can relax with your entire family:
- A Natural Fountain – An assortment of stones can serve as the platform for a small fountain. You can also add some wild shrubs and flowers around the fountain for a truly peaceful back-to-nature feel. If you want to build the fountain yourself, professional landscape services in Ashburn, VA like TreeStone Landscape Design Center & Lawn Maintenance can create the design, along with a list of all the materials you will need, to start you off. Additionally, you will need the pros to build a good drainage system for your fountain area.
- Flagstone Patio – This simple, yet classic hardscape idea creates a comfortable space where you can hang-out and enjoy the fresh air, without having to worry about pesky weeds that are harsh on your feet.
- Sunken Garden – You can also create a sunken garden by creating flagstone walkways and steps that lead to a sunken area. Fill the space with shrubs, tall grasses, and lots of flowers to create your very own hidden garden. You can then add a bench or a fountain for hours of relaxing fun.
- Shady Space – If you have tall trees in your backyard area then this hardscape design is a must try. Amid tall trees, create a small space where you can add in some chairs or even a swing-set. This will be a great place to cool yourself down on hot summer days.
- Nature’s Archways – Plan a path that leads directly to your back door, and then create a stone pathway with some wild flowers and grass growing on the side. You may also want to build arches along the pathway, using crawling vines. This will look absolutely breathtaking, especially in spring or summer.
With a well-planned hardscape, plus the matching plants that will go perfectly with them, you can easily create a piece of paradise right in your own backyard. All it takes is a little creativity and the right help for your hardscaping needs. If you want beautiful and seamless landscaping, however, call in the experts and let them do all the hard work for you.
(20 Wow-Worthy Hardscaping Ideas, hgtv.com)
(How to Create a Successful Hardscape, hgtv.com)